Miami Air International Frequently Asked Questions
- What are Miami Air's safety standards?
- Safety is Miami Air’s number one priority. We adhere to only the highest standards of safety and maintenance as mandated by the FAA under the most stringent Part 121 Flag Regulations. These are the same standards mandated for all major US Airlines. We are also certified by the United States Department of Defense and are six time winners of the FAA’s Diamond Award of Excellence.
- Does Miami Air International guarantee service?
- Yes, In the event of a company-incurred delay, Miami Air International will perform any or all of the following at no additional cost to you:
- Transportation on other carriers at Miami Air International's expense.
- Complimentary amenities consistent with the nature of the delay.
- Assurance that our resources will be dedicated to our top priority: your safety and comfort.
- Can my Charter Flight originate somewhere other than Miami?
- Yes. Miami Air International's planes are based throughout the United States and can fly to and from destinations all over the world. Your group can depart from any of them. For instance, you can charter a jet from Miami Air International to fly your group direct from Chicago to Cancun.
- Can charter passengers travel with more baggage than permitted on commercial carriers without per-piece baggage fees?
- Yes. The entire baggage capacity of the aircraft is dedicated to your group and no extra or overweight baggage fees apply.
- Can our group originate in more than one city in order to charter?
- Yes. Your group can come from a number of cities and plan to meet in the charter's originating city that would be pre-selected by you. Your charter fight may also be arranged to pick up and drop off passengers in multiple locations.
- Can we modify passenger names without paying a penalty?
- Yes. You are permitted unlimited revisions to the passenger manifest free of fees or penalties.
- What forms of I.D. are acceptable for travel on a charter flight?
- Adult passengers 18 and over must show valid identification at the airport checkpoint in order to travel. Valid identification includes:
- Driver's licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles (or equivalent)
- U.S. passport
- U.S. passport card
- DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
- Click here to see all TSA valid I.D. forms
Flying with a REAL ID
Beginning October 1, 2020, every air traveler 18 years of age and older will need a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license or another acceptable form of ID to fly within the United States.
To learn more, please visit the TSA's REAL ID page on the DHS website at https://www.tsa.gov/real-id.
- Do charter passengers need tickets?
- Charter Airlines such as Miami Air International can allow most of their flights to be boarded using only a boarding pass. In the event tickets are needed, Miami Air International will provide these at no additional cost.
- What kinds of things can we do to customize our charter flight?
- You can do anything from playing a video specifically designed to communicate to your group, to movies, games and headrest covers with your company logo.
- What size planes are used?
- Our entire fleet of Boeing 737-800 aircraft offers 68 First Class seats in our VIP aircraft, or 168 coach seats in our standard configuration. We can also customize a variety of blended First Class/coach configurations. For additional information click here.
- What is the seat width on Miami Air International aircraft?
Seat type Width (inches) First Class 20.5 Coach 17
- How Much Does it Cost ?
- The cost for chartering our Aircraft varies depending on a number of factors including departure city, destination city, aircraft location and costs to get airplane to and from the requested cities. Please give us a call to discuss your specific needs and our Charter Specialist will work with you to find the best value for your flights.
- How Does Charter air pricing compare to Scheduled Airline Pricing?
- Many times Miami Air International aircraft are chartered to fly between cities that either have no or limited scheduled service, or that have no non-stop service. While scheduled airlines may charge $25 – $75 in additional fees for baggage, with Miami Air International, the entire cargo area of the plane is reserved for your group at no additional cost. And while other airlines may charge up to $150 to change a name, or restrict it completely, there is no charge for this service at Miami Air International. While the cost of the charter may exceed scheduled airline costs, it’s important to factor in these issues, as well as the convenience factors of scheduling the flight at whatever time meets your needs, being able to use expedited processes at private terminals, and select any suitable airport you wish to use. Sometimes Miami Air International provides dollar-for-dollar savings verses scheduled airlines. Sometimes the savings come in the form of cost avoidance for all the scheduled carrier fees extra charges. Sometimes, chartering with Miami Air International is the only way to arrive at your destination by air, avoiding lengthy ground transfers.